1. You should have received a 2021 Property Valuation card in the mail.
2. To protest, go to apps.larimer.org/assessor/protest. You will need your Account/Schedule Number. If you do not have the 2021 Property Valuation card, you can find your Account Schedule number by searching for your property at https://www.larimer.org/assessor/search#/property/
3. After entering your Account/Schedule Number, press “Begin Online Protest”.
4. The next step is to choose properties that are similar to your property that have sold for a lower value than your new assessment. The best argument is if there are comparable properties in your subdivision (A), then next would be your neighborhood (B) and finally all properties in the city that are similar (C).
In this example, there are no homes in the subdivision, so we will look at comparable properties in the Neighborhood (B) and then all properties (C).
NOTE: There appears to be a bug in their system. You can only pick homes from A, B, or C. In the past you could pick homes from all three. I suggest you pick homes from A and B and then find them in the C list and check them there.
5. Select the properties that meet the criteria of being like your home at a lower 2021 value. You can choose up to 20 properties. Press continue at bottom of page.
6. The next page allows you to enter additional properties that you did not choose above. If you need additional help finding comparable properties, please contact me and I would be happy to help.
7. Press confirm information. It will give you a summary and you enter your electronic signature. Finished!
If you are interested in getting a free Competitive Market analysis with details on similar homes that have sold as well as the odds of selling your home, please give me a call. 970-481-9262